Building a stronger, more resilient America with the help of Native American values.
To provide youth the opportunity to reflect on their cultural values and their personal identity, so they will develop a stronger sense of self-worth, self-reliance, and self-understanding, which will promote health, wellbeing and leadership for themselves, their families, their communities, and their Tribes.
Reconnecting The Circle is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization located in the Washington, D.C. metro area. RTC encourages young people to explore Native American cultures and values through writing and multimedia projects.
By engaging young people in programs that promote self-awareness, self-validation, and positive values, they can discover their own value and place in the world, in order to lead happy and healthy lives. Enriching society with Native American values, while recognizing the common thread amongst all cultures, increases human resilience and our ability to cope with problems we all face, making us stronger and more enabled to deal with individual and community crises head on.
- Highlight youths’ works, viewpoints, and creativity
- Promote positive values
- Elevate the mission of sustaining healthy communities
- Contests & incentive programs
- National High School Essay Contest | Grades 9-12 (Annual Program)
- Collaborative projects
- Narrative building between Native and non-Native voices
- Publishing of youth-contributed works
- Strategic partnerships
- National and local organizations in the fields of education and health
- Teachers, parents, and local communities
- Media; Native and non-Native